Terms & ConditionsBig Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay Refund Policy
We are very grateful for your support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay. Because of the nature of charity donations, all donations are final and are non-refundable. Please make sure that the amount you enter is the amount that you wish to give. Should this amount be incorrect, please contact us.
What information we collect
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay collects and uses personal information from donors and supporters including: addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and donation dates/amounts.
- Specific requests made by donors/volunteers are recorded, for example, requests to remain anonymous or to be excluded from certain mailings. We may also specify the relationship with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay, such as volunteer, private individual, company etc.
- When donations, whether solicited or not, are made to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay the details provided by the donors are recorded in our database (unless the donor has specifically requested to not be added to our database).
- We do not obtain information about individuals/organisations from other organisations unless those concerned have authorised such collection.
Donors have the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation.
However, unless the donor explicitly chooses to have their name associated with their donation, the default is that all donations are not to be publicly announced. Comments given in donor forms may be used in promotional materials while comments sent to us via email, fax or telephone are kept strictly confidential.
Access and correction of information
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to access and request a correction to your personal information. To ensure that your recorded personal information is accurate and up-to-date, please notify us of any changes to your personal details as soon as possible through the following contact methods:
Phone: 021 066 3930.
Address: PO Box 2347, Stortford Lodge, Hastings
All access to donor financial information is strictly limited to professional staff responsible for processing and reporting on this data. For online payments, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay only uses processing services with world class security and strong reputations. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay does not have access to your credit card or account details sent to those processing services and the information is not stored electronically by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay.
Notification of changes
Donor Bill Of RightsPhilanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that supporters and prospective supporters can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organisations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of the organisation's mission, of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the organisation's most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organisations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organisation may intend to share.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights is endorsed by the Fundraising Institute of New Zealand (FINZ) and developed by: American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Additional information about your donation:
By making a donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay you understand that it will be used to fund our mission. We are not able to refund a donation, unless we have clearly made a mistake in handling or processing it. If you make an ongoing commitment to donate - for example, by giving a monthly donation - we will confirm your commitment in writing. Should you wish to change your commitment at any time, please contact email@example.com