Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hawke's Bay is a registered charity matching young people with supportive adult role models. We are committed to establishing and supporting long term, consistent and meaningful mentoring relationships, making our community safer and more connected for youth.
We need business support in order to increase the number of Big Brother Big Sister mentor matches in our community, so we can continue to ignite potential in youth.
Mentoring ignites potential in our Hawke's Bay youth
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters (BBBS) offers children aged 6-11 the opportunity for support in their lives through one to one mentoring.
- Our mentors are volunteers from all walks of life who spend one or more hours a week with one child having fun, experiencing new activities and forming a trusted friendship with a positive role model.
- Mentors commit to the programme for a minimum of one year.
- All mentors are interviewed by BBBS, police vetted, referee checked and trained.
- All matches are managed by BBBS staff.
- Mentees are referred to the BBBS organisation by social workers, schools, Police, and other community organisations.
Your sponsorship contributes towards:
- Recruiting, screening and training new volunteer mentors,
- Ongoing training and development for mentors,
- Accountability and support for mentors,
- Supervision for mentors, children, parent/caregiver,
- Resources for matches,
- Quarterly mentor and mentee community outings,
- Smooth and sustainable management of the programme,
- Follow the journey of your match, starting with a match profile, meet and greet, and half yearly updates on how the match is progressing.